Established in 1967, Rudy’s Machine began as a tool and die shop producing custom machined parts for the local community. Since then, we’ve switched our focus to using conventional and computer numerical control (CNC) machining equipment to manufacture precision custom parts for customers across a diverse set of industries.
Our CNC Machining Capabilities
Equipped with over 50 years of industry experience and a broad selection of machining equipment—including (3) CNC lathes (Mazak, Leadwell, Glidemeister); (3) CNC Vertical Mills (Leadwell, HASS); (2) Horizontal Mills (OKK)—the Rudy’s Machine team can accommodate a wide range of machined part needs. Our core precision machining service offerings are:
- Vertical and horizontal CNC milling (up to 6,600 lbs. parts for horizontal operations)
- CNC turning (for max. part lengths of .23 to 78 inches and diameters up to 12 inches)
- Radial drilling (for parts up to 5.5 feet from the column)
For these processes, we maintain part tolerances of +/- .0005 inches for turning and +/- .001 inches for milling and drilling and handle low production volumes ranging from one to 100 pieces. Most machining projects are available with short lead times.
As an ISO 9001 certified company, customers can be confident in the quality of our products and services. At the end of every machining project, our expert employees follow rigorous inspection protocols to ensure the finished piece(s) fully meet(s) the outlined specifications. Additionally, we maintain strict confidentiality for all customers.
For the above machining processes, we regularly work with the following materials:
- Carbon steel
- Hardened metals
- Stainless steel
- Tool steel
Upon customer request, we are also open to working with other materials as needed.
Our Secondary Services
At Rudy’s Machine, our objective is to meet or exceed customer expectations by providing precision parts and components. We take things a step further by adding value to the customer experience with our secondary services, which include:
- Other machining operations, such as boring and slotting
- Fabrication and assembly operations, such as burning, MIG welding, and arc welding
- Part and surface treatments, such as heat treating
- Design and engineering services, such as design consultation and reverse engineering
Customers across a wide range of industries turn to us for their CNC machining needs. Some of the markets we commonly serve are:
- Equipment manufacturing
- Food processing
- Material handling
Working With Rudy’s Machine
For new customers, a machining project typically proceeds as follows:
- Quote request. The customer requests a quote from our experts with their part and production specifications. The team works with the customer to form a contract that fully meets their needs.
- Material PO submission. With the customer’s approval, the team issues a purchase order for the materials necessary for the project.
- Parts manufacture. Once the materials are delivered to the manufacturing facility, the team works to produce the parts as per the agreed-upon contract.
- Delivery. If the customer is local, the team delivers the finished parts directly to them.
By partnering with us for their CNC machining needs, new and existing customer benefit from our:
- Knowledgeable and skilled staff (many have 25 years of experience in the facility)
- Broad manufacturing capabilities (including machining and outsourced secondary services)
- Commitment to quality products and services